Thursday, March 25, 2010

thursday, march 25,2010

the middle child....

my middle child woke up with a tummy ache. no fever, no gastrointestinal symptoms, just a "mom, my stomach really really hurts..." with four days left until we leave egypt, i was in no mood to do an accurate diagnosis so, my middle child is home with me today. he knows not to bother me, unless it is absolutely necessary...so far, he has only requested tissues and toilet paper, as, apparently, the cleaning lady forgot to replace them(i am the cleaning lady, so the only person i am insulting, is myself, as usual). When you only have boys, a roll of toilet paper can last an obscenely long time, so unless I see that it is empty during my weekly fumigating of the boys bathroon, or they ask for it....it is what it is...so for now he is in my room watching espn...and he thinks that i am cleaning the house, which i was, until i took a break...it is only 9:50 am and i have already done two loads of laundry, cleaned the burners, went through a bunch of drawers in the kitchen, changed the linens for when my guests arrive on monday...i know you don't really care, but i just wanted you all to know that i am earning my keep.

Earning my keep? what does that mean? will ari make me sleep in the yard if he comes home and he doesn't have his fresh leftovers waiting for him on the table? Will he reprimand me for not having the cans lined up in the pantry in alphabetical order, by calorie and fiber content and according to expiration date? i do all of this out of the goodness of my heart, and because i haven't found a job that i really like (15 hours a week, 400 dollars and hour, doesn't require me to do anything....but totally legal...) oh, i also have a roast in the oven, ironed 12 pairs of pants, cleaned my middle child's room while he wasn't in it so he wouldn't yell at me for touching his stuff...and so on...and so on....and so on......

So i must leave you all now because in addition to being the maid, i am also playing the part of Florence Nightingale(i am wearing a nurse's uniform), top chef, rabbinical supervisor, beauty queen and a friend to all in need.....but I also might just go take a nap..

Happy thursday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment