Monday, March 15, 2010

monday,march15,2010

where do i begin.....

did you ever have one of those weekends, where everything was amazing, fun, terrific, relaxing, enjoyable and then you wake up and you are sleeping in your sister's old room with a canopy above your head? (without a hangover????) well, this past weekend was it for me.

I traveled to Dayton, home of the wright brothers, on a plane that i am pretty sure I was wider than, landed in an airport/farm and my weekend began. The bar mitzva I went to, aside from wishing I had brought my video camera to make a reality show, was just really, really special. My friends who live there are amazing and have raised an incredible, confident, independant brood of adorable kids...and I am not just saying that because I was able to wear pants to the party saturday night...

and then, I made the mistake of calling home after the sabbath had ended. why oh why? 72 mile an hour winds, trees down, no power "daddy couldn't find any flash lights" i asked if there was water in the basement, or anywhere else in our house "daddy couldn't find the flash lights, so we couldn't check" "the toilets aren't flushing, can we still use them?" "we are on our way to fair lawn...what should we eat there?" I quickly hung up the phone and pretended I had gotten the wrong number......

Upon arriving home...and surveying the damage, I knew to be grateful for not having a 3000 foot tree lying on my house....but, was equally distressed at all of the passover supplies that I so anally cooked 3 weeks in advance and now would have no home....so, being the wonder woman that i am (no, i can't fit into the uniform)i went into action- i was going to save the dead cows and chickens in my freezer. (PETA be damned....)

But when I woke up this morning, and stared at that gosh darn canopy, it was like I was 10 years old and sleeping in my sister's room while she was away(and would hopefully, not find out, or she would kill me) Of course, when I was 10, i did not have 3 sons sleeping in other rooms of my childhood home....(did I? no...definitely not)

So now I am off to my home to see if we have power.....my thoughts go out to the people who were really affected by this storm-may god give them strength and comfort and may we all appreciate what we have just a little bit more....

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment