Saturday, March 27, 2010

saturday, march 27,2010

memories....

whenever i make the cake mixes for passover, i think about how my sister and i used to make them when we were younger and eat so much of the batter that there wasn't much cake left to make....and i wonder, how did my mother get us to make the cake mixes at all? no one is volunteering at this house...jack and jonah are playing march madness on xbox and matthew has gone across the street with ari to make pizza at the neighbors...so where did i go wrong? I have said it before and i will say again, when the boys bring home their futures wives, the first thing i will say to them is "i am so sorry....they don't know how to do anything....so here is some jewelry to make up for it.." UNLESS.....

I ran into a mother of four married sons this morning and she told me about the assignment chart she had for her boys and that helped her help them to become more helpful. So tonight, the ganchrow boys had a family meeting (ari wasn't there, it is too late for him....) and i told them about the chart and how we will put it into action after pesach (i have coddled them this long..i can wait a few more days) so here i thought I am putting my foot down and getting the troops in order and all of them start saying "oh, this family has that kind of chart" " so and so has been doing that for years.." just confiming the fact that I totally suck as a mom....and am W A Y too nice to my kids....(how i treat their father, however, is another story..)

So i am looking forward to seeing how this chart will work out...of course, i am cautiously optimistic...but so were the people who went on the titanic...

happy saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment