Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday October 6,2010

My worst fears realized.....

So thanks to my friend and the 6 free months that she won, I have been attending The Gym for the past 2+ months. It has been going ok so far..no one has tried to harpoon me, no one has mistaken me for one of the exercise balls...I make little eye contact, do my workouts and leave before anyone starts chasing me with a pitchfork......until today.

I have been going on a pretty regular basis, come in through the front door, swipe my card...the staff usually ignores me because I am not famous, skinny or drunk upon entry...so I walked in this morning, swiped my card..walked in towards the stairs to the spin room and one of the employees, one that I have met several times..stops me and says"I need you to show me your card." "but i swiped it when I walked in.." I said, nervously, hoping he wasn't going to press the fat alarm..."oh, you have been here before." oh god, please don't say are you sure that you , aren't looking for dunkin donuts.....please, don't say Who let you in here?......."ok," he said....and I quickly ran upstairs, or as quickly as a gal my size can make it up all of those stairs......

Did the treadmill...took the spin class with the psycho instructor and kept up just as well as the skinny minis whose boobs don't move....left without looking at the moron who questioned my place at THE GYM.....and went on my merry way....

Don't think i will be joining that scary place when my six months is up.....

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment