Friday, May 7, 2010

friday,may 7,2010

what being a mom means to me...please dont fall asleep reading this

since i only have boys, i will not be able to put in any of the cliched lines such as these...

"i love being a role model to my daugher" (oh, maybe THAT is why god didn't give me girls..)

"I love taking my little girl shopping" (if i had a girl, chances are, she wouldn't be little and i wouldn't love taking her shopping)

"taking my daughter for mani-pedis is the highlight of my week" (wtf is a mani-pedi?)

but since i have boys...here is what being a mom means to me....

being a mom of boys means fearing that my sons will bring home someone like me...

being a mom of boys means never having to say "it's time to take you shopping for a bra..."

being a mom of boys means learning how to put on a cup...

being a mom of boys means always having to say "would you please put your laundry in the hamper and not on the floor where someone will trip on it and kill themselves?!?!?!"

being a mom of boys means always knowing the box scores when they wake up in the morning so you can let them know if their teams won....

being a mom of boys means having to say, at least once a week, "i dont have one, please go ask your father...."

being a mom of boys means knowing how to get to modells with your eyes closed...

being a mom of boys means learning that "icing" isn't what is on a cake...but something having to do with hockey that i still don't understand, but don't tell my kids....

being a mom of boys means not having to teach anyone the joys of control top stockings...

being a mom of boys means sneaking in hugs and kisses when no one is looking...

being a mom of boys means enjoying every single minute with them....until they move on to the next woman in their life......

happy mothers day to mothers of sons and daughters...

happy friday.

1 comment: