Saturday, August 28, 2010

saturday august 28, 2010

ahh..to be young..

i have the privelage of babysitting for my twin niece and nephew for the second time this year. 5 nights this time. it has been a different experience because this time, home base is my parents house and not mine, so i am basically here for the 2 am wake ups. the 5 am wakeups, the 5:30 am diaper change..etc etc....what's funny is that my niece always seems to know which woman is in charge. when she was at my house in january, she followed me around, here, she follows my mom around...i guess she doesn't want to miss anything.

but really, is there anything cuter than when a 2 year old comes up to you and says "I have a big big doo doo...." i guess it is better than being called a big big doo doo. and the great thing about twins, is that once you finish changing one, the other one comes up to you...and...well, you get the picture.

they are cute, but man do i appreciate the fact that my baby is going to be 10 and i no longer have to watch him to make sure he doesn't fall down the stairs, eat inappropriate objects, go near outlets, pull down things from shelves....ya, you get the picture again.

going to sleep now, yes, it is only 8:30...but, someone will be up soon and as cranky as i am with sleep, that is how much crankier i am without it...

happy saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment