Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010 take 2

you know you are getting older when.....

In about 15 minutes I have to leave the house to go to Yeshivat Noam. That is where my boys go to school. I am going there, because last year, I volunteered to help with the yearbook. Ari warned me not to, but I insisted...So now, I am going to help 23 adorable young men with the literary portion of their yearbook. Wait, whose yearbook? my kid's yearbook? my kid is old enough to be in a yearbook........am...having....a....flashback......

Early summer 1992, very late at night, at the home of Aliza Septimus, editor-in-chief of the Stern College for Women and others yearbook....it was a long, long, night. But we did it. I did all of the writing, and I mean ALL of the writing. No hi-tech computers back the old days, I did it all on my ultra-cool, state of the art WORD PROCESSOR (thanks mom and dad it was a great investment.) I got to type the bios of each Stern College woman....those on the baruch hashem club (or Torah Activities Comittee...lots of torah in stern college) those involved with art and science.,those married before they were old enough to drink...we were a fiesty bunch.

Though I don't remember this morning, I distinctly remember club-picture day all those years ago, it was time for the sephardic club to pose...lots of girls with lots of long dark hair, some in need of electrolysis, some not...and I made a really stupid comment (me, make a stupid comment? never...must have been another fat chick in a stern college sweatshirt...) about "smile if sephardic husbands abuse their wives..." needless to say, that day didn't end well for me. I was chock full of apologies...what did i know, I was only 21...bad day all around. Anyway....

So Aliza and I finished the yearbook, very late that night. Did i sleep over? I don't remember, I just know that we did a really great job. Even when I look at that yearbook now, I am still proud of it. I hope that the Yeshivat Noam class of 2010 (holy crap, I am crying....) will be just as proud of their yearbook. And if I can help in anyway, the 400 thousand plus dollars that I have spent on Jack's tuition will be worth every single cent.

Off to school....and yes, Ari, I am wearing a skirt....

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment