Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday April 10,2011

The kennedys

Husband #1 has me dvr-ing the Kennedy miniseries and I have been watching it. I must say, I am very impressed with Greg kinnear..I was a big fan of his when he was on talk soup and he does a spot on job portraying JFK(I think, as I didn't really know jfk...) anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit that despite being in school for a zillion years, it's like I'm hearing about the bay of pigs and the Cuban missile crisis for the very first time...and did you know that Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas?!?! Am I the dumbest housewife on the planet?!?!?( I knew he was assassinated and I knew about the bay of pigs invasion because it was in Billy joel's song "we didn't start the fire" and one afternoon my brother and I went through all of the lyrics with my dad and he gave us quite the history lesson..)

Apparently the Kennedy family was not happy about the release of this miniseries because it isn't an accurate portrayal of what actually happened, and I can't imagine that Jackie kennedy's hands were as large as Katie holmes are- man that chick has some mighty big paws!! Like the "man-hands" lady from Seinfeld..who knew? Anyway, watching this movie reminded me of a story that I would like to share with you.

About 11 years ago, when I was pregnant with son #3, my mom and I went to the ballet. I had to pee, as pregnant women often do and the line for the ladies room was 3 miles long, as it often is..but the line for the mens room was..well, non existent. So, off I went to the mens room because when you gotta go, you gotta go. When i left the empty mens room, I saw Caroline Kennedy schlossberg. Tall, thin, elegant and still grieving the loss of her brother(I assume, don't know for sure..) and all I wanted to do was make her laugh. As she passed me by on the way to the ladies room, which still had a 3 mile line that no woman, not even a Kennedy could cut, I said " hey, use the mens room, I
just did..this pregnant fatty was not waiting on that line!!" and she chuckled...I made her chuckle. And even though her grandfather was a
raging anti Semite and her dad cheated on her mom with anyone who had boobs(this, according to the miniseries,of course) I felt I served my country.

I do what I can...

Happy sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment