Tuesday, September 7, 2010

tuesday september 7,2010

the good old days......

remember when it was time for the jewish holidays and all you had to worry about was which new outfit you were going to wear? when you dreaded the long services and were always thinking of new excuses to walk out, but knew exactly when to come back in in order to avoid getting in trouble with your parents? remember when the only thoughts of the new year were which new fruit you were going to try and how much challah and honey you could eat?...ya, those were good times...

and now, all these years later and older, seriously, how i am doing all of this cooking when 1. my kids only have 7 hours of school this week 2. my family doesnt eat anything exciting or having to do with the holiday theme ie, honey cake, honey anything, apple cake, apple anything-you get the point.3.mickey and minnie are living in my house and i am afraid of the kitchen....3.worrying about what the new year will bring-disease, death, destruction or, will it be happiness, healthiness and successful weight loss? 4. is the person sitting next to me in synagogue this year someone who likes me or someone who will give me dirty looks for wearing the same outfits i wore last year (and the year before and so on and so on and so on....)5. if i wear a doiley on my head instead of a hat, will my fate for the new year be different? 6. will i actually drop dead on my 40th birthday because i will "die from the anticipation?" 7. will my kids be ok? 8. will my parents be ok? 9. will tuition go up again because i didn't pray hard enough?

crap, life was better when all i had to worry about was my mom not catching me sneaking my favorite cookies out of the box from the bakery before company showed up.....

here is wishing all of us a happy and healthy new year, filled with ONLY good things..and preferably no rodents...yuck yuck yuck......

happy tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment