Friday, September 3, 2010

friday september 3, 2010

serenity now...SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the serenity prayer is, in my opinion, an awesome mantra...

god, grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change (kids who dont like to do homework, kids who cant understand why i am still sticking to the "no tv during school" rule(man, it has only been two days, give me a freking break), kids who dont like anything i cook for them, husbands who...well....must i go into that?)

the courage to change the things i can (i can adopt new kids, i can stop talking to more people who annoy me and are full of crap, i can change my hair color since i have so many new bald spots from pulling out the undesirable hair color, i can lose weight if i dont eat after 6 pm, i can get a new husband(kidding, ha ha ha?)

and the wisdom to know the difference....ya, that is the line i have trouble with. I managed NOT to lose my temper when son #3 insisted that i didn't know what a ram's horn was made from-dude it is called a RAM's horn....and not because they play for the rams...man i am not a total idiot...but, i DID lose my temper at son #2 when he started bothering son #3...and i really lost it...god grant me the serenity to not turn into psycho mom and alienate my children....maybe i will just keep repeating that one.

happy friday

No comments:

Post a Comment