Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday may 18, 2011

Desperate times

Because of this weather I have been suffering from seasonal affective disorder(as opposed to the usual mood disorder that I regularly suffer from). SAD is an actual diagnosis in the DSM ( which stands for diagnostic something manual..hey, I've been on maternity leave for 14 1/2 years..I'm lucky I remember anything..) peoples moods change because of the gloomy weather...no sun..no smiles. So when the sun appeared for a brief moment in time, on went the sneakers and out the door went the rest of me. But, because of my SAD, I took an umbrella, just in case. (just in case it rained again, which it did, but since I had the umbrella, I was happy, not sad..ok, bad joke, sorry)

While walking, I noticed a new trend...very large headphones. I actually think that son #1 and some of his friends have them. Didn't we (and when I say "we" I mean the old folks over 40) wear those in the 80's with our ultra cool walkmen attached to them?(kids, walk men weren't men that walked along with us, they were little tape recorders that played our cassette tapes. No, not like duct tape or scotch tape...forget it)

I thought big bulky headphones went out with leg warmers and scrunchies....but, over the weekend my friend (and mother of four girls-whenever I go to her house I feel like I'm in a different country..)showed me her daughters new, fashionable scrunchies- they are back in style..does that mean that assymetrical haircuts are soon to follow? Neon colored sweatshirts? So, yes, everything old is new again, but I got rid of the old headphones because the new, lighter ones replaced them....

If the fashion experts say that if you wore it the first time it was in style, you are probably too old to wear it when it comes back in style, I'm pretty sure the only thing that might not apply to this golden rule is headphones (miniskirts and sequins yes, think I can still get away with
wearing swatches though...) but I really like my teeny tiny headphones...but maybe the big headphones will make my hips look smaller...hmmmm, that might not be a bad thing.

Here's hoping the sun will come out soon...

Happy wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment