Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday July 4,2011

Week in review

My boys camp sends out a video at the end of the week to point out the highlights...as I am unable to make an actual video, this will be my version of "my boys are away for 7 1/2 weeks and I'm left at home with husband #1" week one.(there is music in the background of the camp video, so pick favorite eighties tune and let your imagination run wild)

Take boys to the bus, son #1 remembers he left the value pack of frozen hot dogs in the freezer(which I told him not to buy because I'm pretty sure they have food in camp) husband #1 hops in the car and successfully delivers the hot dogs before the bus pulls away(to the tune of the theme to the lone ranger)

Two beautiful weddings, totally different, but what united both was that this fat chick noticed they have gotten rid of the margarine option next to the bread. Olive oil, yes, tomato salad thing, yes...but no transfat,down to earth really bad for your arteries margarine. Yes, I'm aware that I'm the only one who noticed it and yes, I'm aware that the skinny folk wouldn't even noticed if they got rid of the bread, but I'm making a plea to the caterers out there-bring back my little pretty shaped pat of margarine. Thank you and may all of the wishes of the happy couples come true.

Husband #1 lost his philharmonic virginity....he didn't even fall asleep...priceless

Weekend-great food, great conversations...but the highlight, was receiving a text from son #1 asking for detergent. Detergent? Is it still being used to clean clothes? Have teenage boys found something new to do with detergent because I'm pretty sure that my kids haven't a clue what to do with it. Should I be hopeful that son #1 will come home with a new skill? (yes, I know the answer...but I sent him some anyway..of course)

But in truth, the best part of week one was watching the Yankees NOT sweep the Mets...I know my priorities after all....

Happy monday

No comments:

Post a Comment