Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday July 29,2011

What do we really know anyway...

With all the boys out of the house, and no one to parent, except for husband #1, we decided to go to a parenting lecture entitled " how to discipline your kids without yelling screaming or bribing." truthfully, I didn't know there was any other way besides medicating or inebriating(which would be wrong on so many levels). So off to the lecture we went...the saying may go "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" but I was hopeful that with good refreshments and a little encouragement, you never know.

Boy, was I wrong. No refreshments. A room full of parents that haven't reached puberty yet- so I'm not even sure how they are parents and a lecturer with an agenda. She didn't really want to make me a better parent for free, she wanted to make me a better parent for the low low price of 149.99 plus shipping and handling...CDs, cassettes or vhs. This is what I came out in the pouring rain for? I could've stayed home and watched the middle on the dvr-now that is real parenting. None of this "the consequence should reflect the action" bulldoody...if one brother hits the other brother, taking his computer away for a month is a perfectly logical consequence.

Then she told me that if I speak nicely to my good friends, why would I scream at my children when they are more precious to me. A lightbulb went on over my head-hey, she's right, I should be nicer to my kids because they ARE more precious to me. But then it dawned on me that I'm not even that nice to my friends so I'm really screwed. My poor boys...it's a good thing we take them on baseball trips or they would never love me....ok, I exaggerate, they do love me, because I'm the only mom that believes that fruit by the foot is a healthy snack...

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment