Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday June 26,2011

Why I'm a good mom even though I made my kids walk home from the orthodontist and I'm happy they are leaving for camp.....

By, banji d latkin-ganchrow


I am a good mom because I nursed my kids for a combined total of 30 months and gave up drugs and alcohol to do so.

I am a good mom because I do my kids laundry, each child separately in order not to confuse anyones socks, boxers or wife-beaters, even though they all pretty much wear the same size, but god forbid son #1 should get son #2's socks, because they have cooties and the world would come to an end.

I am a good mom because I don't force feed my children food they don't like(so bad mom in the eyes of the American pediatric association, good mom in the eyes of my nutritionally deficient children).

I am a good mom because I make my kids laugh, even though it is usually at me instead of with me.

I am a good mom because I let my kids watch tv during the school year(criticize all you want you know it all moms with the well disciplined children..I only have sons and I have to get all the brownie points I can get before they settle on a nursing home for me...)

I am a good mom because I can admit the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing and each day is a crap shoot.

I am a good mom because even though I made them walk home from the orthodontist, the alternative would have gotten me put in jail.....

And though I am giddy and gleeful that they are leaving me tomorrow for 7 1/2 weeks, I love them more than anything in the world(including husband #1..is that wrong?) and I will miss them everyday...for at least 3 minutes....

Happy sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment