Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday august 6,2011

Lazy week 6....

Yes, I will admit I have been lazy. I haven't blogged all week and even though husband #1 is happy about that, I would like to apologize to those of you that support my narcissism..

So if this was week 6, that means that week 7 is about to begin, which means that week 7 1/2 is around the corner and the boys will be back. With 6 trunks of laundry. How can you miss your kids and not want them to come home all at the same time? Does that question mean I'm a bad mother? I've so enjoyed not screaming so loud that it feels my head will pop off of my shoulders....I enjoy not doing laundry three times a week and running a 24 hour diner....Is that wrong? Enough of the hypotheticals....here's the week in review...unless you've already fallen asleep...

Husband #1 and walked the high line and then went on the circle line...very touristy...and surprisingly enjoyable. When we told son#1 where we were, he thought we were kidding as he is used to his father being on the upstairs couch watching some sort of sporting event, and his mother being down in the bunker watching reruns of law & order and ironing....

One day this week I had the pleasure of visiting the museum of tv&radio, where I got to watch old episodes of mad about you, fantasy island, I love Lucy and the intellectual classic Melrose Place. Now that was good tv...

Though the highlight of the week was discovering that all of the annoying squirrels in teaneck are not Jewish. How do I know this? Well, the package I left for son #1( don't worry, there was stuff in there for the other 2..) was attacked by a squirrel. The kind gentleman who transports these nut-free packages for me sent me an email with the news of the attack....upon arriving at the scene, I discovered that the anti-semetic
squirrel neatly ate one corner of the pull apart challah(including part of the tin it came in..) he also ate part of the envelope and letter that was going to son #1, but did not touch the pound of cookies or any of the snacks going to son #3....clearly not a Jewish squirrel....I even took a picture of the challah(since husband #1 would not let me cut off the nibbled portion and send the rest up to camp) to show the boys when they came home, because son #1 is convinced that I got hungry and just blamed in on the unsuspecting rodent...nice, right?

And then we get to the weekend, where the holycrapiam40 part comes in....my dear friend from the island of long came to town for the weekend and she gave me a cortisone injection for the mean angry neuroma in my foot...as some of you may recall, though most of you don't care because, frankly, why should you, I had one of these shots in December before the half marathon and it held up pretty well until a few weeks ago, but now that I have accepted the age of the everything-is-falling-apart, it's good to have a podiatrist as a friend, who also takes your insurance...and hopefully knows what she is doing(just kidding my friend, my foot is still attached so so far, so good....)

Here's wishing all of you a pain free week filled with friends who can take away the pain if you end up having any....

Happy sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment