Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday June 5,2011

I love a parade....

So I'm lying in bed, it's 210 pm, and ive already been to the Israeli day parade, watched 2/3rds of my kids march(sorry son #1, you just didn't coordinated with our very busy schedule)came home from the city, had a lovely lunch with the two kids we saw march, actually, three kids, if you include husband #1 who still thinks he is the mayor of the parade....and I'm so tired I can't even move. Frankly, I find the whole thing rather depressing. I was too tired to walk around and socialize...I sat in the grandstand seats with a bunch of old folks and I actually fit right in!!

My thoughts on the parade are as follows.....just like obama wants to cut the borders of the state of Israel, so has the parade route been cut. Didn't we used to march past 86th street? When did the route get so short? Are we encouraging our kids to be lazy? I'm assuming the route has gotten shorter because security has gotten more expensive and not because they are methodically trying to cut the parade down to five blocks and a hearty handshake..who knows. And don't ask me who "they" are because I haven't the foggiest idea. All I know is that I'm so tired I need to go take a nap. Because I'm over 40...and because I thought it would be a good idea to get my walk in at 8 o clock in the morning....not such a good idea...

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment