Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday June 17,2011

What would mom have done...

I have often said that the iPad is the greatest invention. I keep it next to my bed and when I'm awake in the middle of the night, I can go online. I can facebook stalk people, yes, I am publicly admitting it. I also admit that, at times, I get a bit carried away, but if you are going to post pictures, and I'm not sure what someone is doing in that picture, I have to do some facebook research(stalking) and find out what it's all about. Anyway, not the point I'm going for.

It's graduation season. I have been looking at picture after picture of the beautiful graduates. Kids that I have known for almost their entire lives...and the only question I have is did anyone who graduated with me in 1984 from elementary school get their hair done for graduation??????? Was I the only one who didn't? Now I know that I am one of the few and proud who doesn't get coiffed before various parties, but was I supposed to start back in 84?? Is that where I went wrong?

My mom used to get a perm that made her hair look like someone put a bowl on it and curled the ends around the edge of the bowl...it was real classy(sorry mom, but I've been making fun of that hair style for years) My paternall grandmother, who was quite the looker, used to go to the beauty parlor every week and had gorgeous, thick, fake blonde hair almost her entire life. And then, there is me, who gets her hair cut twice a year and usually wears it up in a clip. My point being, where did I go wrong? Is this something else I can blame on my mom?

So I took out my 1984 yavneh academy yearbook....and there we were..the beauties of graduation. Nope, not a one had their hair professionally done...and we all survived....barely. Guess I will have to find something else to blame on my mom...

Happy Friday and congratulations to the class of 2011. May all your dreams come true....

No comments:

Post a Comment