Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday December 26,2010

The real housewives of the five towns.....

I had the pleasure of going out to the island of long this weekend. I even had my hair done so I would almost fit in...almost being the operative word...It was filled with good friends, good food and a wonderful celebration. What I wasn't expecting was to be in the audience of a reality show....saturday mornings entertainment was a pleasant surprise.

Now, I am happy to report that even though the majority of these women have not eaten since the early 90's, there were a few that made me feel right at home. So that was a good start.(though perhaps those women were only let in as guests, maybe they aren't allowed to live there..,hmmmm) But then it goes down hill...no one sent me the memo that I was supposed to be wearing a teeny tiny pancake on my head with a feather sticking out of it. Perhaps that is because they were afraid that I would eat the pancake, but it seems that this is quite fashionable in the island of long...these pancakes come in many variations, the most popular seemed to be the leopard print pancake..wonder if that one tastes like actual leopard....

Now the problem with these hats is that if your head is too big, and you are wearing the little hat,..you look, well, you look like husband #1 does when he tries to wear a hat..,it makes for good comedy, but beyond that...just breakaway from the pack and wear a bigger hat....it will be ok....

It was a great fashion show..cartier's new line of watches seemed to grace the wrists of many of these women, but then someone told me that there is a person who sells them for 200 dollars so now I am all disturbed and the fantasy is shattered...but I will just give the watches
the benefit of the doubt...and, after all, jewelry always fits and never makes you look fat..unless you are fat and you are only wearing
jewelry....


But in the end, it wasn't about which mothers were going to give their daughters nose jobs,,,it wasn't about the husbands who sit downstairs
totally oblivious to the antics of their wives in the seats above them....it wasnt about being ignored by the same people who ignored me in college..it was about spending time with wonderful friends and wishing them and their family all the happiness in the world.....

Happy sunday

1 comment: