Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday February 16,2011

Love songs......

Everyone has their favorite love songs...the song that brings you back to your first kiss, sweet 16's, the song that was on the radio when you got engaged, the song you heard in the car just minutes after you found out you were having a son.....

I have always been a big fan of memorizing the words of songs...some are sweet and simple like Carly simon's "you're the love of my life.." (which also happens to be the song I sang to son #1 every night for the first two years of his life.....) and some have you wondering how they've been classified as a love song like "you spin my head right round right round like a record player....." but recently, there has been a love song getting lots of air play...my kids like it, but I only think they like it because they know how much it annoys me....and the Grammy goes to Bruno mars for...grenade...(I don't actually think he won the Grammy for that one, but I was trying to be dramatic)

This song bothers me so much, that I recently brought it up amongst a group of friends to discuss the utter ridiculousness of the words....

"I would catch a grenade for ya....I'd throw myself in front of a train for ya....I'd take a bullet straight through my brain for ya...but you won't do the same..." dam right moron...why the he'll would I do that for you?!?! Are you on crack?!?!?! So I asked the husbands in this discussion if they would do any of these things for their wives....I got a few grunts and a maybe-then I asked the wives and I think they are all still laughing at the question....for our kids, yes, for sure, 100 percent....for our spouses? We would throw a grenade at them, but, no, would not catch it for them...I'm sorry to report.

The song is ridiculous and irritating..clearly Bruno is not and has never been married, because if that had been the case, the lyrics would have been completely different....what can you do....at least lady gaga gets me with "I was born this way...." and there's nothing I can do about it.....

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment