Tuesday, February 8, 2011

tuesday february 8, 2011

no love from lulu.....

i have blogged about this before....lulu lemon. the exercise clothes for the already thin and fit...not for the i would like to be thin and am trying to be fit. in order to deal with them, i have just chosen to let it be. I dont walk by the pleasantly plump lady in the window because it aggravates me that she is naked because she doesnt have any clothes to exercise in and it just is what it is...i thought i would get in trouble if i continued to throw peanut m&ms at her so she would have some nourishment, so i just dont walk by the store.

everyone at THE GYM wears lulu lemon, well, exept for me and the one or two other fatties that got past security...and thats ok. I am happy wearing my billy joel tshirt and chicos yoga pants...(though i will never be doing yoga in them because that thought is well...simply frightening-using my own weight to build strength-seriously?? are you nuts??? do you want me to kill myself??) but i digress....

as some of you know, son #1 and i participated in the half marathon a little while back. one of the attractions of the weekend is the health and fitness expo. husband #1 decided we should go...so, since we always listen to him-we went. when we pulled up..there were two women standing there with a bunch of lulu lemon boxes. I though "goodie...free stuff i can bring home to my skinny friends"..but, instead of asking what they were offering i said "excuse me, why is your mannekin to big to fit into your clothes?" they looked at me with shock and surprise (or it could have been hunger and disgust) and said "what are you talking about? our mannekin in a size 6.." not in garden state plaza she isnt.......so that was strike one. No free stuff and no explanation about my soul sister who is in the window....

then, marathon day came. son #1 and i are "running" along at a nice pace and i see a bunch of skinny women in lulu lemon attire cheering on the runners and they are holding these cute little (of course) rattles with the lululemon insignia on them and i thought, of course, im a jew - ooh, maybe they can give me one to bring to my skinny friend's daughter...so while "running" i politely shout "hey, can i have one of those?" and they looked at me, with hunger, and said "ooh, sorry, they are just for the cheering squad...." strike two and three....hey ladies-you guys were on the sidelines, this lady was doing the hard work-you couldnt spare a rattle? did ya think i was going to eat it???

i give up...

happy tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment