Sunday, February 24, 2013

purim blog 2013

Life isn't fair for many reasons.  People get sick, people die, people get fat, people get thin and then they   get fat again...the fairness isn't in any specific order, though, this year, I wore by biggest loser sweatshirt because I weigh enough this purim to qualify to be on the show...wish I was kidding.  All those godam butterfingers aren't helping. My son, the non anorexic anorexic told me i should drink tea and eat bagels and vegetables and then I will be down to my bar mitzva ready weight (which is still not so ready...) It is interesting living in a house with skinny boys as opposed to skinny girls....boys think of food as sustenance, while girls think of food as the enemy. Well, except for this girl...hence the dilemmas...

Anyway, back to purim. It was a lovely day. Had my family over for seuda while my brother was on the phone for the two hours he was here. I got to bond with my niece and nephew who are going to be camping out here for a few days.  Watching them at this age has got to be easier than when they were 7 months old...that was an experience...how can two babies be soo cute and soo not willing to sleep. But now, they are almost 5, which is like they are almost in college, so it should be a piece of cake(which is not on the diet that skinny son #1 has put me on...) I am just excited to have another girl in the house that I can say "see, aren't they so mean to me?" ....that's all i want, some validation...and I am sure I will get that from a five year old girl...with the right accessories, of course.

In any event husband #1 got to woo the ladies with his super fast megillah reading...16 1/2 minutes, baby...now that is a turn on.  Which quickly get turned off when we get back home and he tells me that verizon technical service is closed on sunday and it turns out that it is actually open 24/7 and I had to run home from my walk because Luke from the phillipines needed me to check out my modem...like I know what that means....I asked Luke if he has ever heard a wife kill her husband before and he said "no maam, that would be a first for me too.."  ahh poor Luke, got crazy butterfinger filled Banji on the phone and now his life will never be the same.  Long story short, new router is in the mail, bag of candy is ready for husband #1's office and the oscars begin very soon....

I hope you all had a wonderful purim and that your life is like a perfect shaloch manot, filled with many things that make you happy....

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment