Sunday, December 11, 2011

sunday, december 11, 2011

bring back the olden days...

today I went to go see the muppet movie with sons #2 and 3 and husband #1. I loved it. I realized that i loved it for many reasons, but the most important was that it brought me back to a different time. A time in my life when my grandparents were still alive, when everyone seemed healthy, when calories didn't count, when you could go to sleep when it was thundering and lighting outside and didn't worry about losing power or your basement flooding or roof leaking, when you didn't know what the word tuition meant and everyone seemed to be nice to each other and played well with others(well, i always seemed to have a problem with that one...). It made me think about sleepover parties and telling my parents that i was making myself lunch for school, when i was really just eating the lunch that i had made and was sneaking some tv on the teeny tiny black and white set they had in the kitchen...good times, simple, worry-free times. Man, this is going in a much more depressing direction than i originally intended...

though i am happy to report that today i am blogging from my new computer. This computer represents the end of a year long battle with husband #1 who kept insisting that his two older sons would let his youngest son type and print stuff for school on their laptops. I have to believe that he truly felt that this would happen and not that he was just trying to push off making the purchase.(see, i can be a positive thinker.) But, alas, that was never to be. I had to bring son #3 to Fair Lawn to use his grandparents computer and printer...others who live closer had offered, and it was appreciated, but there is nothing more fun than sitting in traffic on route 4 so your son can write a 5 sentence paragraph on the merits of sea travel to Asia....

But now that we have this computer and printer, i plan to take full advantage and put my writing to good use. I have no idea what that is, but i still dream that i will become famous and make people around the world laugh at me.(or is it with me...probably both.)

Hope you are all feeling well and having a nice day and that when you close your eyes, you can bring yourself to a happy place and then when you open your eyes, that happy place is right where you are....

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment