Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday November 23,2011

Happy thanksgiving...

It's the eve of thanksgiving. I have been cooking and cleaning..vacuuming and dusting..all excited to host the thanksgiving feast tomorrow for friends and family. In years past, before kids, of course, the eve of thanksgiving meant staying out late at a party, going on a date(guess that was before husband #1), going to the movies, to a wedding...and being able to sleep late the next morning. I have fond memories of the drive to Brooklyn to have thanksgiving with my grandparents, shoveling delectable L&E stuffing in my mouth when my mom wasn't looking..good times. Then my three sons came and the eve was the same as every other-survival of the fittest.

But this year, with the boys practically grown(kidding...), I was looking forward to going to the movies with husband #1. I really and truly was. Until he walked in the door. Without even asking if there was anything he could do to help, he sat his ass down at the table and began to eat son #3's dinner. And this is why I should be on mood stabilizing medication....I lost it and told him to make his own freaking fish sticks.

Upon finding the freezer, husband #1 was startled at all of the shelves that a freezer contains and it took him a while, but he located the fish sticks(I'm lying, he had no idea where they were..son #1 had to get them for him.) and that is when the real fun began...

In his attempt to prove to me that he isn't really helpless and that his mother did teach him to be self sufficient, he dropped a fish stick on the floor and it gracefully slid under the oven. He was hoping that I missed it. He was hoping that the fish stick would live peacefully amongst the dust bunnies underneath the stove....but that was not to be. After using a pen, a wire hanger, a toothbrush, one of his son's arm and a fork...the naughty fish stick was retrieved. And placed in the garbage. This was a lot more entertaining than a movie....

And now he went back to synagogue...the place where he is safe from his psychotic wife....the place where he is free to be himself without anyone yelling at him(usually)..the place where he can be most thankful....

And I will be thankful for my house full of wonderful company, for the people I love and for football Sundays when I can go to the movies myself.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday...

Happy Wednesday and happy birthday Amy and Beth!

Ps....this was post #300...thanks for reading!!!!

1 comment: