Tuesday, January 27, 2015

15 months

I seem to start so many of these posts "wow, I haven't blogged in such a long time."  I am 44 now. Holy Crap. I haven't blogged about so many things, but since today is a national holiday, figured it was about time. What national holiday? It's Son #2's birthday. Shouldn't that be a national holiday? 17 years ago, son #1 was staying at my parents because, even though he is the smartest kid in the whole world, he just couldn't get the walking thing down. My mother looked at him and said, "Jack, you are about to be a big brother, enough is enough." And she and my dad stood at opposite ends of their hallway and got the little cutie pie to walk. Let's keep in mind that he was only 15 months old at the time, but still, he needed to walk because you cannot fit two kids in one baby bjorn. 17 years ago, my in laws were in Israel because they figured I was two weeks late with son #1, why would #2 be on time? Enough said. 17 years ago President Clinton "did not have sex with that woman." As I watched Maurice Dubois on the news as my contractions began. It was a long time ago. But I will never forget my OB yelling at husband #1, who was relaxing on the bed next to mine watching Days of our Lives, "get up and help your wife with YOUR baby!!!"

And then there was son #2. Big blue eyes and total yummy-ness. And then we were a family of four. You never realize how simple things were and have no idea how complicated they will become. You just have to hope that all will be good and put one foot in front of the other.

Happy Birthday Jonah Harris....love you more than life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment