Tuesday, May 18, 2010

tuesday may 18, 2010

cant i just use a walkie talkie?

last night was a big night in the ganchrow household. Ari finally took the kids to get son #2 a phone....actually, we were all getting new phones and a new plan. And though, as some of you read in a previous blog that the man from at&t was not nice to me, ari went with the at&t plan. I did not accompany the boys on this outing, as i was spinning off the hamburgers i had for dinner and the cheesecake that i will probably eat tomorrow....but lets continue...

everyone comes home all excited..son#2 is beaming and showing me his cool new phone with the hidden keyboard...son #1 is going on about his cool blackberry-also with a keyboard...ari is just happy to have a phone that has a back on the battery pack so the battery doesn't keep falling out(poor ari..just can't get it together) and then, the boys give me my phone...all excited for my reaction..because now we have unlimited texting (that doesn't really help me because i don't know how to text)...they hand me the phone...wait a second..this isn't a cool phone with a keyboard...this is a grandma flip phone that is even bigger than the one i have now...i don't like this phone...i try to read the directions..they are in hieroglyphics...i am not a caveman..i cannot read symbols..where are all of the words like my other phone has?? i try to read the directions in spanish...but, i still don't speak spanish...cant anyone help me?!?!?!

and then, it beeps and buzzes and i have a message and i don't know what to do and everyone is laughing at me... the boys picked a ring tone for me and now when my phone rings, i get scared because i don't know where the mexican music is coming from and i can't change it because i can't figure how...it is soo pathetic. and then i try sending a text but in the time it takes a normal person to tie their shoes and walk 5 miles, i am still trying to figure out how to write a number instead of a letter and nothing is working and i can't get a word out let alone a whole message...and then it beeps and buzzes again and i start to cry....I HATE MY PHONE!!!!!!!

i think back to the simpler times...when no one had cell phones and we all used land lines (what's a land line? some people don't even have those any more) with all this technology..no wonder why people are so overweight...it is so frustrating trying to figure out how all of this stuff works, it is just much easier to have a chocolate bar and save the texting for another day..

my kids assure me that i will get used to this phone and one day, i will love it as much as i loved my old phone...they also told me that i am already more advanced in the texting department than ari is...he doesn't know where the space button is and allofhismessagesareonelongword...

so, at least i have that going for me....

Happy tuesday....

No comments:

Post a Comment