Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday, January 24, 2010

lifetime television for women

I have an addiction. Aside from the addictions that some of you know about, I am also addicted to Lifetime television. While my husband and sons watch football, a game that I don't understand and truly do not enjoy, I am downstairs, in my bunker, watching compelling dramas "Not with my Daughter"...."The Stranger down the Street".."The Stranger with my Daughter"...."Pregnant at 16"....and today, I am in the middle of watching one of the more compelling "The Pregnancy Pact." It is both riveting and heartbreaking all at the same time. The men are upstairs hoping the Jets will lose (sorry Jets fans) I don't know why they want the jets to lose, but as a joke, I came downstairs wearing Ari's old Jets jersey and they all yelled at me to take it off because I will jinx the game....and jews aren't supposed to be superstitious....

Back to my addiction...it seems that all actors and actresses that once had reasonably successful tv careers end up in a lifetime television movie. I think that Tori Spelling has been in about 5 or 6 of them...it breaks my heart that that girl hasn't been nominated for an emmy...what a shame. She is a true talent. In the pregnancy pact, Camryn Manheim of "The Practice" has a major role. She looks pretty good, has lost a bunch of weight and removed many of the earrings she used to wear. I am looking forward to going back down to the bunker, get a big pile of laundry to fold and find out how this drama ends...will they all have their babies? was it really a pact? I can't wait to find out!!

Good Luck Vikings and Happy Sunday.....will blog about my weekend as a mother of twins tomorrow...too tired right now....

1 comment:

  1. you have to read Melissa Gilbert's autobiography, she was in every lifetime for woman or after school special movie, and she details in her book just which actor she slept with on each movie. it's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete